Hi! I’m so excited you’re joining us to learn WordPress! In order to follow along, you’ll need a place to experiment with WordPress.
Important: This WordPress test environment will exist ONLY on your computer. It is meant for practice and will not be connected to the internet!
Please follow the instructions below to get set up!
1. DOWNLOAD A LOCAL ENVIRONMENT (Free!)
Directions for a local test WordPress website:
1. Download: You can use XAMPP, MAMP, or Local — we will be using Local by Flywheel.
2. Add a new WordPress installation:
3. Click the following:
- Create a new site
- Name it something, such as “My Test Website” or “My Business Name”
- Select “Preferred”
- Give it a username and a password you’ll remember ASAP.
- Click “Add Site”.
- Wait a few moments.
- Turn ON the option for “One Click Admin”:
- Click the WP Admin Button — this will take you to a free WordPress website practice area!
Congratulations! You now have a free test site!
Leave a Reply